News & Updates
Catch up on the latest updates and send feedback to DartConnect.
Welcome to Digital Steel 3.0 - October 2021
Welcome to Digital Steel 3.0!
Special thanks to the ongoing feedback of all tournament organizers and our DS 3.0 Beta Testers. The latest version introduces AutoPilot, providing event staff with the option of automatically assigning boards and accepting results, while providing the controls necessary to restrict individual rounds and matches while respecting players participating in concurrent events!
Please review the instructions, help and hints on this page before reaching out to us. As always, feedback, suggestions and bug reports are welcome! We will be working on DS 4.0 before you know it!
— The DartConnect Team
What’s new in DS 3.0
EMT (Event Manager Tabs)
- Updated control panel with expanded status info, help guide and automation controls
- See the dedicated sections in the Help Tab for guidance
- Pro Tip: Drag the slider bar to resize the EMT to make text or images more readable
Auto Pilot [Learn More]
- Auto-Accept and Auto-Assign can be used independently or activated together to enable full Auto Pilot mode.
- Match and Round Pause allow you to coordinate timing and progress of the bracket
- Note: Automation features are optional. Staff may instead choose to assign boards and accept results manually
- Results now appear in the Results Tab instead of popup messages
- Tab displays number of pending results
- Audible “reminder chime” will signal every 60 seconds when results are waiting
- Pro Tip: If the Results tab is open, the chime will not sound
Managing Boards [Learn More]
- Reserve specific boards for auto assignment for specific events (events can share boards using manual assignment)
- NEW! Designate and label “Special Boards” for special match types such as finals stage or streaming
Automatic Player Holds [Learn More]
- NEW! If a player is active in a prior event, their matches in the subsequent event will be automatically paused, preventing a board from being assigned
- When the player is eliminated in the prior event, the pause will be automatically lifted
- Click the round header to switch to List View
- List view collapses the bracket and hides completed matches
- Pro Tip: Use list view to quickly see the status of any round’s remaining matches
Report Bugs or Suggestions - Help Improve Digital Steel
Use this form to:
- Report a bug
- Describe a problem
- Submit a suggestion
DO NOT use this form for urgent issues that require immediate attention.
For emergencies, first check the “SOS” section of this Help Tab to see if a solution is available. If needed, send an email to email@example.com to alert DartConnect that you need urgent assistance.